Position Title: Concrete Worker
We are seeking a skilled Concrete Worker to join our team. The successful candidate needs to be proficient in the least two of the following skills pouring, leveling, and finishing concrete surfaces to create structures. Such as sidewalks, roads, and building foundations. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with various types of concrete and be able to follow blueprints and specifications accurately.
- Pour and spread concrete to form structures such as sidewalks, roads, and building foundations.
- Level, smooth, and finish surfaces to specifications, using hand and power tools.
- Install wire mesh or rebar to reinforce concrete.
- Build wooden molds to form concrete structures.
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete and remove air pockets.
- Monitor the curing process of the concrete and make adjustments as needed.
- Cut and shape concrete with power saws and other tools.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment
- Follow safety guidelines and wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- At least 1 year of experience in concrete construction
- Knowledge of various types of concrete and their uses
- Ability to read and understand specifications
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and strength to perform tasks requiring manual dexterity and agility
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time