We are looking for Oil field workers to perform a variety of different jobs available and tasks related to drilling, extraction, and production—everything from operating heavy equipment to maintaining pipelines and other infrastructure. Oil field workers may work on their own or as part of a team. Regardless of their role, they all have one thing in common: they must be able to operate complex machinery safely and effectively under harsh conditions.
Oil and gas production will continue to increase in the United States, especially in states such as North Dakota. Oil and gas extraction requires more workers per unit of output than other types of mining, such as coal or copper. As a result, employment growth will be needed to provide services to oil and gas producers.
Oil field workers have a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installing and repairing pipelines, valves, and other equipment to ensure that oil or gas flows smoothly throughout the system.
- Monitoring oil wells to ensure that they are producing at optimal levels.
- Monitoring water levels in wells to ensure that underground storage areas do not run dry.
- Installing new pipelines to connect new oil wells or repair existing pipelines.
- Repairing damaged equipment such as pumps and valves to restore oil and gas production.
- Installing and repairing major pieces of equipment such as compressors, separators, and storage tanks.
- Drilling new wells using hand tools such as sledgehammers and shovels, or power tools such as rotary rigs or drilling rigs
- Cleaning up oil spills to prevent damage to ecosystems or wildlife habitats.
- Collecting samples of oil to test quality and composition to determine whether it can be used as fuel.
- Operate and maintain equipment used in the extraction, transportation, and refining of oil and gas.
- Monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure optimal functioning of machinery.
- Perform regular maintenance and repairs on equipment.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment.
- Operate vehicles and heavy machinery.
- Always adhere to safety protocols.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Work long hours, often in shifts, including overnight and weekends.
- Be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- Be available for emergency callouts.
- Handle hazardous materials.
- Work in extreme weather conditions